Perpetrators of murders caught

5:51 p.m. on August 27, 2013 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,329 reviewer rep
5,271 forum posts

http://www.rockandice.com/lates-news/tnb-is-pakistan-safe-for-climbers

According to this report, the perpetrators of the Nanga Parbat murders of climbers have been arrested and taken into custody. In the past, attacks have been Pashtun Sunnis attacking Shia (the Sunni consider the Shia to be infidels), with attacks on foreigners almost non-existent in this region. This attack appears to be a spreading of the hostilities to others, including foreigners, despite the first principle of the Pashtumwali (a 10-point code of conduct of the Pashtun) and several other of the 10 principles prescribing always "show hospitality and profound respect to all visitors, regardless of race, religion, national affiliation or economic status and do so without any hope of remuneration or favor.”

10:57 a.m. on August 28, 2013 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
592 reviewer rep
1,493 forum posts

They are not going to enjoy their new housing options.

11:31 a.m. on August 28, 2013 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
3,329 reviewer rep
1,219 forum posts

That part of the world is still pretty scary.  To some, its wildness adds to its allure. I like American wilderness partly because its still wild.  Machineguns I can do without though.

It also sounds like this attack is a departure from the norms of the people in that area:

(a 10-point code of conduct of the Pashtun)

I think that a lot of us often fall short of the ideals we hold dear.  It looks like this is the same there too.

6:49 p.m. on August 28, 2013 (EDT)
1,357 reviewer rep
1,339 forum posts

FromSagetoSnow said:

I think that a lot of us often fall short of the ideals we hold dear.  It looks like this is the same there too.

Most Christian North Americans have a hard time obeying the Ten Commandments, which include 'Thou shalt not kill'. No reason it would be any different there. People can rationalize almost anything.

Glad they got caught, though.

August 20, 2014
Quick Reply