Crampons

8:47 a.m. on December 24, 2001 (EST)
(Guest)

I have a pair of charlet moser crampons. (ecrins lanieres) I noticed that the front straps are showing signs of wear. The crampons themselves are in great shape. I just need to get the strapes replaced. Does anyone know wear I can send them out to get replaced or fixed. I would prefere not to ship them out to France were the company is located. Then I would be better off buying a new pair. Thanks for your help.
Have a happy Holiday

8:42 p.m. on December 24, 2001 (EST)
(Guest)

If ours are the version with nylon straps on small rings through tangs on the crampons. The straps can be replaced with common hand tools. A pair of side cutters will squeeze in behind the bent over loop on the crampon hooding the rings and a hammer, vise, or large pliers will set the loop back closed after slippinh the new in place. Most big name gear shops should have replacements in stock. Be specific about the style of attachment and if articulated or not.
If yours are the articluated version I have a new set of straps you may have for free !

2:12 p.m. on December 25, 2001 (EST)
(Guest)

Re: Crampons (John)

Quote:

If ours are the version with nylon straps on small rings through tangs on the crampons. The straps can be replaced with common hand tools. A pair of side cutters will squeeze in behind the bent over loop on the crampon hooding the rings and a hammer, vise, or large pliers will set the loop back closed after slippinh the new in place. Most big name gear shops should have replacements in stock. Be specific about the style of attachment and if articulated or not.
If yours are the articluated version I have a new set of straps you may have for free !

2:14 p.m. on December 25, 2001 (EST)
(Guest)

Re: Crampons (John)

Quote:

Sorry about other post hit enter by accident. Thanks for the reply. I do not have the articulate kind. Thanks for the offer and the help.

October 23, 2014
Quick Reply