Reel Rock

3:22 p.m. on December 1, 2013 (EST)
TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
1,160 reviewer rep
600 forum posts

Had a chance to check out Reel Rock 8 last night at a nearby climbing gym (I know, I know, keep in mind in Canada we get everything 3 months late!). Some reel, pun intended, cool films this year, I highly recommend checking it out.

Climbing legend Hazel Findlay was there and gave a little presentation and intro to her film "Spice Girl". One bad to the bone, to be family friendly in my wording, chick!

20131130_190156.jpg

The Sensei was probably my favourite, and not to re-hash the whole thing again but getting a little insight into the whole Everest fiasco was interesting.

Some free giveaways sponsored by North Face, got a great seat on top of the bouldering wall, overall great night!

Anyone else had the chance to check it out?

1:20 a.m. on December 6, 2013 (EST)
TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
1,160 reviewer rep
600 forum posts

No one? nobody has seen these awesome films?

10:56 a.m. on December 6, 2013 (EST)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
3,344 reviewer rep
1,232 forum posts

I wish I had.  Did you find out the scoop on Steck and the Sharpas?

11:39 a.m. on December 6, 2013 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
179 forum posts

over the years, here in knoxville, they have had the reel rocks tour come through....

this year, they had the "faux reel rocks" as i think some other organization other then the univerisity had the "real" one...

anyways----not all showings have the same films in them......they tend to sway the films to whatever city/organization that they play for.....

but, i tend to go to these things (mountainfilms and banff as well) as thats typically the only outlet for films such as these in town....

always a good time, and always good films....

they did play the everest brawl film here in town and it still sounds like a pissing match between everyone involved...

however, what i did learn from that film---is that everest is way, way too crowded.....which leads to events that happened up there........

September 3, 2014
Quick Reply