Climbing shoes

10:22 a.m. on March 20, 2002 (EST)
(Guest)

a.k.a. Alex, AlexP, GuyWithAnIdea, packboy, Alex Polemeropoulos

How about some advice on rock climbing shoes.

I am a newcomer to outdoor rock climbing and bouldering and would like some advice on choosing a pair of rock climbing shoes that aren't going to cost more than $100. I don't intend on doing much indoor gym climbing.

Thanks in advance.

3:31 p.m. on March 20, 2002 (EST)
(Guest)

There are a great many choices, even in the $100 range. The 5.10 Spires are very popular in part because they are very comfy and still work well. But because I was looking for a little better performance, I opted for the 5.10 Mojaves. They are the ugliest orange color imaginable, but they climb like crazy.

9:13 a.m. on March 22, 2002 (EST)
(Guest)

One suggestion

Quote:

How about some advice on rock climbing shoes.

I am a newcomer to outdoor rock climbing and bouldering and would like some advice on choosing a pair of rock climbing shoes that aren't going to cost more than $100. I don't intend on doing much indoor gym climbing.

Thanks in advance.

One pair of shoes. La sportiva Muira. Medium stiff do it all shoe. I wouldnt trade mine for anything. Check out some euro web sites for sub 100 dollar prices(ala barrabes in spain). You can pick them up there for about 80 dollars including shipping.

matt

July 24, 2014
Quick Reply