About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

big momma mountaineering crampons

2:41 p.m. on March 30, 2002 (EST)
(Guest)

... looking for a pair of mountaineering crampons to fit my size 16 Lowa Civetta's... anyone????

1:12 p.m. on April 8, 2002 (EDT)
(Guest)

JA,
They won't do much good on vertical ice, but I use Grivel G-10 wides with a Grivel extension plate on size 17 hiking boots. Don't know if they will work on your plastics but they are the biggest i've found.

1:29 p.m. on April 14, 2002 (EDT)
(Guest)

Here's my 2 cents: I use a Charlet Moser S-12 rapidfix on a size 15 plastic boot. I had to get the extension bars for the crampons, which when adjusted for my boots, there are still a few more hole to extend them out a little more...perhaps a size 16 would be no problem.

Quote:

... looking for a pair of mountaineering crampons to fit my size 16 Lowa Civetta's... anyone????

7:00 p.m. on May 28, 2002 (EDT)
(Guest)

Nice idea but it won't work. I just got the C.M. S-12 rapidfix and tried them on my Lowa Civetta Extreme size 15.5 and they were too small.

Quote:

Here's my 2 cents: I use a Charlet Moser S-12 rapidfix on a size 15 plastic boot. I had to get the extension bars for the crampons, which when adjusted for my boots, there are still a few more hole to extend them out a little more...perhaps a size 16 would be no problem.

Quote:

April 23, 2014
Quick Reply