FS: S12 crampons, $95. WTB: avalanche probe, $20?

10:32 p.m. on April 6, 2002 (EST)
(Guest)

a.k.a. Les JackWabbit

FS: CM S12 articulated, all strap crampons, US$95 + shipping ($5-8?). Please write for details. Photo/jpeg available.

WTB: Used avalanche probe, <2.3m in length, must be in reasonable working condition, about US$20 (shipping included) is about the best I can afford for now. Please reply with brand/model and year bought. Thanks :-))

10:02 a.m. on April 7, 2002 (EDT)
(Guest)

Quote:

FS: CM S12 articulated, all strap crampons, US$95 + shipping ($5-8?). Please write for details. Photo/jpeg available.

WTB: Used avalanche probe, <2.3m in length, must be in reasonable working condition, about US$20 (shipping included) is about the best I can afford for now. Please reply with brand/model and year bought. Thanks :-))

Hey Les,
If you want nearly full retail for your used crampons, you might consider being willing to add another $20 to your used probe ceiling.

Mountain Magic has the G3 2.3m probe on sale for$42.79.
They have CM S12 straps for $101.95 Or the BD Contact straps for $90.62 No tax- add between $10 - $15 shipping via US mail

Telemark Pyreenes has an Ortovox 2.4m probe for $46. And the CM S12 straps for $75.64. No tax - add about $40 for shipping via DHL

I can get the new crampons from Spain in about 3 to 4 days for only about $10 to $15 more than your used ones, and much much faster.

Good Luck!
-Steve

12:44 p.m. on April 7, 2002 (EDT)
(Guest)

a.k.a. Les JackWabbit
Sure, you can buy from Neil and Rosie...

I heard they have good services. But I didn't buy my crampons from them. Non-US prices are definitely cheaper. Just make sure one is pricing the right crampons. No doubt the CM s12 articulated (there are other cheaper straps version of S12)is the most expensive strap-on in the market. Quote me a total price (including shipping) and I'll see what I can do. :=))

September 19, 2014
Quick Reply