Climbing in Central Australia

9:51 a.m. on April 8, 2002 (EDT)
(Guest)

Thinking of taking a trip to Central Australia?

Well now you can find out if (and indeed there is) anything to climb.
Bring your gear!

Introducing Red Centre Rock, a website all about climbing in Central Australia. Includes a complete online guidebook to over a dozen climbing areas and hundreds of climbs.

Hopefully this site will show you that indeed there is good climbing in Central Australia, and that it is not just a vast flat desert as commonly imagined.

The whole MacDonnell Range has some fantastic crags, often in beautiful and unique locations, and while little of the climbing is world class, it's a fun place to climb, with constant good weather. If you are climbing in the summer, then there is often a crag in the shade, with a cooling waterhole on the way home.

Check it out for more info:
http://www.redcentrerock.info

All the best,
Goshen

7:21 p.m. on April 8, 2002 (EDT)
(Guest)

Nice work Goshen... just doubled my desire to get to the Red Centre! Even if the rock isn't 'world class' the setting can't be beat! :-)

Alan (a Melbournian who has never been quite far enough out that way)

Quote:

Thinking of taking a trip to Central Australia?

Well now you can find out if (and indeed there is) anything to climb.
Bring your gear!

Introducing Red Centre Rock, a website all about climbing in Central Australia. Includes a complete online guidebook to over a dozen climbing areas and hundreds of climbs.

11:50 p.m. on April 10, 2002 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,430 reviewer rep
5,314 forum posts

Nice site, Goshen. I was down that way a bunch of years back and did some scrambling in several parts of the MacDonnells. Nothing serious, since I didn't bring gear with me (too much else in the way of luggage, since I was travelling with the family). Have to head back down there again sometime soon.

October 24, 2014
Quick Reply