Waterproof Socks

12:58 a.m. on April 24, 2002 (EDT)
(Guest)

a.k.a. cron

I am a novice planning a canyoneering trip to Utah and would like to know what you experienced guys would reccomend in the way of waterproof socks. Has anyone tried sealskinz,or how about the campmor neoprene. For that matter do I even need them. Expect to do the zion narrows and some slots in the Swell.

ron

8:46 a.m. on April 24, 2002 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
408 forum posts
Sealskinz/neoprene

Quote:

I am a novice planning a canyoneering trip to Utah and would like to know what you experienced guys would reccomend in the way of waterproof socks. Has anyone tried sealskinz,or how about the campmor neoprene. For that matter do I even need them. Expect to do the zion narrows and some slots in the Swell.

I've used Sealskinz waterblocker and std 3mm (or 2mm?) neoprene. Depends on how cold your feet get. Depends on how cold the water is.

I usually wear a standard medium thickness hiking sock and am fine. For unusually cold water or prolonged exposure, then neoprene or combo sealskinz w/ neoprene.

Might also depend on the volume of your hikin' shoe.

When you goin'? Whats on the agenda? Water is low low low in the Narrows right now (for this time of year).

Brian in SLC

December 24, 2014
Quick Reply