About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

Coordinates for Camp Muir

11:37 a.m. on May 24, 2002 (EDT)
(Guest)

I'm looking for UTM coordinates or long/lat for Camp Muir, Cathedral Gap, and the general area of Ingraham Flat, or whatever you have on this general area.
Please specify whether you got them from a map, a book, or from a GPSR at the actual location (GPSR model and SA on/off also useful).
Thanks in advance. Enjoy the long weekend :-))

11:49 a.m. on May 24, 2002 (EDT)
(Guest)

Info on map datum setting is also helpful. nm

Quote:

-)

4:16 p.m. on May 30, 2002 (EDT)
(Guest)

Try using the National Geographic Maps line of maps on CD (formerly TOPO! brand). Allows you to drop a point right on the map and upload them into your GPS. There are a few listings for routes that get super-imposed over the maps in what they call the mapXchange program on their website.

http://maps.nationalgeographic.com/topo/search.cfm

(that seems to be as close of a direct link that I can get). There used to be some files that were downloadable from their site that would also put the waypoints on the maps too, but I can't seem to find them at the moment.

The location of a campsite at Ingraham Flats is likely to vary a smidgeon from year to year depending on crevasses.

9:53 p.m. on June 25, 2002 (EDT)
(Guest)

Got 'em all!!

I got all of my customized UTM coordinates for free from the web. Write me at whitetail48105"at"yahoo.com if you want to know how to do this. :-)

April 16, 2014
Quick Reply