Ed Hillary Toyota Commercial

12:42 a.m. on November 6, 2002 (EST)
(Guest)

Hey what does everybody think of the new toyota commercial featuring none other then Ed Hillary. I'm pretty sure I've read in either "climbing or rock and ice" quotes from him bitching on how commercilazed everest is but yet he's gona go ahead and do a toyota commercial? If you ask me he's only adding to the whole problem of over gloryfing that mountain. I respect the man and his accomplishments but I don't see why all of a sudden he's on tv doing commercials. Just want to here what everybody else thinks.

Chris

7:38 a.m. on November 6, 2002 (EST)
(Guest)

Cha ching... Gotta pay the bills.

Quote:

Hey what does everybody think of the new toyota commercial featuring none other then Ed Hillary. I'm pretty sure I've read in either "climbing or rock and ice" quotes from him bitching on how commercilazed everest is but yet he's gona go ahead and do a toyota commercial? If you ask me he's only adding to the whole problem of over gloryfing that mountain. I respect the man and his accomplishments but I don't see why all of a sudden he's on tv doing commercials. Just want to here what everybody else thinks.

Chris

5:52 p.m. on November 6, 2002 (EST)

Lighten up Chris

Ed Hilary is honest about having to making a living also ( look at the picture of Himself and Reinhold Meissner in his biography dealing with a Rolex Advert ) ; Look at all the positive things he has contributed to Nepal with the Hilary fund building hospitals and schools

And whats so inherently evil about Toyota anyway ? They last and dont guzzle fuel like Yanktanks!

Dont waste your type being petty about such an all right guy

2:14 p.m. on November 8, 2002 (EST)
(Guest)

a.k.a. Craig, Richard

I realize that everybody has to make a living. Nevertheless, I think it's unfortunate that he chose to hawk an SUV. Those we don't need any more of.

3:30 p.m. on November 11, 2002 (EST)
(Guest)

Toyota makes a damn fine SUV, although I prefer Land Rovers.
/picking

Quote:

I realize that everybody has to make a living. Nevertheless, I think it's unfortunate that he chose to hawk an SUV. Those we don't need any more of.

10:22 a.m. on November 12, 2002 (EST)
(Guest)

a.k.a. Craig, Richard

I realize that it's a great vehicle, but you must agree that 98% of them are driven exclusively on pavement with crummy gas mileage and that they generate more pollution than the car that would serve the same purpose.

12:34 p.m. on November 12, 2002 (EST)
(Guest)

Agreed. You forgot by soccer moms who want to feel safe or people who want a status symbol...

Quote:

I realize that it's a great vehicle, but you must agree that 98% of them are driven exclusively on pavement with crummy gas mileage and that they generate more pollution than the car that would serve the same purpose.

5:36 a.m. on November 18, 2002 (EST)
(Guest)

There should be a form you have to fill out before you buy an SUV. It would show that you have a need for the space and 4WD. Penalty for giving false info: you have to drive a used Yugo for the next ten years.

Arms

July 25, 2014
Quick Reply