2 q's - Snow School in Europe & Lasik

7:30 a.m. on November 24, 2002 (EST)
(Guest)

I'm a Canadian living in the middle east and was planning on going through a beginners snow school week in B.C. with Yamnuska. Was wondering if anyone knew of a good mountaineering school (cost efficient would be nice...I'm a teacher) in Europe i could look into instead of heading home right away for the summer? Also, anyone heard of or had LASIK and been up over 7000m? Thanks in advance.

6:16 p.m. on February 26, 2003 (EST)
(Guest)

Check out the International School of Mountaineering (ISM), based in Leysin CH. Website is http://www.alpin-ism.com. I've taken a couple of their classes and was very, very impressed. Not exactly cheap, but well worth it if you ask me...

Todd

Quote:

I'm a Canadian living in the middle east and was planning on going through a beginners snow school week in B.C. with Yamnuska. Was wondering if anyone knew of a good mountaineering school (cost efficient would be nice...I'm a teacher) in Europe i could look into instead of heading home right away for the summer? Also, anyone heard of or had LASIK and been up over 7000m? Thanks in advance.

October 2, 2014
Quick Reply