PacLite Durability?

12:06 p.m. on February 3, 2003 (EST)
(Guest)

Hi all,

I am checking out PacLite shells - the Arc'teryx Sirrus has caught my eye - and wanted to get some user feedback on how durable the stuff is. Good/bad experiences anyone?

Cheers,
Hal

1:02 p.m. on February 3, 2003 (EST)
(Guest)

I have a paclite II jacket and a paclite II suit. Both are about three years old and working perfectly. I heard that Paclite III fixes the mega problem of gripping under layers and pulling them all over the place, which is imo its only downside.

9:10 a.m. on February 4, 2003 (EST)
(Guest)

I bought a North Face Devil's Thumb last year. Must be Paclite II, it is dotted gray on the inside, and it is amazzing. No problem with duribility, looks like new still, and it breathes really well. I wear it almost every day spring fall and winter. At first I thought the material seemed thin, but it shows no sign of wear, AND I reaaly abuse it on the 14'ers.

7:18 p.m. on February 8, 2003 (EST)
37 reviewer rep
747 forum posts

Quote:

Hi all,

I am checking out PacLite shells - the Arc'teryx Sirrus has caught my eye - and wanted to get some user feedback on how durable the stuff is. Good/bad experiences anyone?

I Have a TNF paclite jacket - forgot what model - the stuff is turning a funny color but I got it on sale. Fifteen ounces and so far no problems - use it for day skiing and summer trips. Also have LL Bean paclite pants - 11 ounces and I love em - full zippers too.

This stuff is great, its durable enough for me, but it seems to breath so well that it is not warm like a goretex jacket. If I was going somewhere where my life depended on a tough jacket I would wear a marmot alpinist jacket.

Jim S

9:40 a.m. on February 20, 2004 (EST)
(Guest)

a.k.a. Karl, urbansherpa

I've still got a North Face Devil's Thumb Parka Shell (brand new) for sale..... (I used to run a small e-biz, I have one left) Email me if you're interested.

ad..

The North Face Devil's Thumb Ski Mountaineering Jacket
SUMMIT SERIES Gore-Tex PacLite Jacket. Brand New . Blue in color, SIZE XL for the price of only $150 USD + shipping of $14. The most technically advanced, and expensive (retails for $445.USD or $750 Cdn $) Jackets that TNF offers. There is a 'North Face' logo on the chest, and back of shoulder, as well as a 'SUMMIT SERIES' logo on the sleeve. The jacket has waterproof zippers, and weighs only 20 ounces. The weight of a Spring jacket, but actually designed for serious Mountaineering/Skiing, or other high-output adventures. Totally waterproof, and highly breathable. .......e-mail Karl at urbansherpa@cogeco.ca

July 24, 2014
Quick Reply