Another marmot bites the dust (:-<

4:56 p.m. on May 29, 2003 (EDT)
37 reviewer rep
747 forum posts

I had to return a Marmot jacket a couple years ago when the goretex delaminated. The same coat had been in for rework twice before, but they gave me a really nice Alpine light goretex shell in its place.

It was so cold today that I slipped on my Marmot deep winter goretex down coat to walk to the mail box and I see it has a bunch of small dots where its delaminating too. Trouble is - this coat weighs 40 ounces complete with hood and I know they will want to replace it with something heavier. I'm tempted to ignore it since I only use it when its below freezing so water can't get under the surface.

I had trouble with a North Face coat once (not delam) and their customer service department just told me to read the fine print and hung up. So at least Marmot stands behind their products, even if they are made in China...
Jim S

2:46 a.m. on June 5, 2003 (EDT)
(Guest)

a.k.a. neal

At least Marmot is a legit company;
Bluewater has got to be the least legit co. out there. read my posting and tell all you know to boycott Bluewater.
neal

Quote:

I had to return a Marmot jacket a couple years ago when the goretex delaminated. The same coat had been in for rework twice before, but they gave me a really nice Alpine light goretex shell in its place.

It was so cold today that I slipped on my Marmot deep winter goretex down coat to walk to the mail box and I see it has a bunch of small dots where its delaminating too. Trouble is - this coat weighs 40 ounces complete with hood and I know they will want to replace it with something heavier. I'm tempted to ignore it since I only use it when its below freezing so water can't get under the surface.

I had trouble with a North Face coat once (not delam) and their customer service department just told me to read the fine print and hung up. So at least Marmot stands behind their products, even if they are made in China...
Jim S

August 21, 2014
Quick Reply