climbing in Temecula,Calif

6:36 p.m. on December 6, 2004 (EST)
(Guest)

a.k.a. anthony

I am trying to connect with climbers in the Temecula/Murrieta Calif area (Southern Riverside/Northern San Diego Counties) I am interested in developing some new routes in the Big Rock area (Lake Perris)

10:52 p.m. on December 6, 2004 (EST)
(Guest)

a.k.a. Christian, christian lepley

Next time I am down there, I will bring my harness and help you explore!

4:30 p.m. on December 7, 2004 (EST)
(Guest)

Big Rock new routes??? Big Rock was climbed out years ago. Routes every foot or so. Just because you find a line without a grid of bolts doesn't mean it wasn't climbed.

But if you mean new to you (as opposed to never existed before) there are lots of interesting routes of all grades.

9:42 p.m. on December 7, 2004 (EST)
(Guest)

So Bob... I guess you know everything about climbing in the area. Try to hold down the attitude. This site is for people asking honest questions about climbing. That's all. Go show off for someone else... We don't care!

8:33 p.m. on December 13, 2004 (EST)

Steve: Thanks for your response-I am new to the area-I am aware of the history etc. This is a huge area (Big Rock) and as with many climbing areas,the most convient areas were/are developed first leaving the rest to those with the energy and the vision to try something new. That was the purpose of my question.

thanks again

5:52 p.m. on January 5, 2005 (EST)
(Guest)

Climbing gym near Temecula,Calif

does anyone know the nearest climbing gym to Temecula? I looked up on the net and saw a place called Granite Stairway, I don't think it exists.

December 28, 2014
Quick Reply