Large FEET Denali Boots, Help!

2:32 p.m. on December 11, 2004 (EST)
(Guest)

a.k.a. Caraphor

Headed for the West Buttress this Spring and I need boots. The problem is I'll need size 15 (maybe a 14 if I'm lucky) and it seems only the LOWA Civetta Extremes come that large. I'e heard poor reviews on them and would like to go w/ something else - Any recommendations?

I like the Millet Everest boots - has anyone had experience having custom boots made.

I have Koflach Verticals size 14 and they are a bit snug. ]
Any advice would be most helpful.Thanks!

6:26 p.m. on December 13, 2004 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
408 forum posts
Custon thermofit...

Get a skiboot shop to custom cut/make you some thermofit liners. I have Koflach's too. With the custom liners, they have got to be the lightest double plastic boot on the market.

Very much warm enough for Denali, especially with an overboot (overkill in June...maybe...).

Good luck...

Brian in SLC

7:16 p.m. on January 15, 2005 (EST)
(Guest)

a.k.a. Caraphor
UPDATE: Re: Large FEET Denali Boots, Help!

It me, the poster. Just thought I would share the results of my quest in hopes of helping others with the same problem:

If you have a foot that is at least size 15 (US) then you are pretty much limited to one boot: Lowa Civetta Extreme and add a Forty Below overboot for warmth if needed. I have spent months trying to find something else... I have written manufacturers and spoken to several boot fitters and everyone is clueless. The bottom line is that Lowa sems to be the only folks out there making a shell that is big enough. If the Lowas turn out to be not warm enough, the bitter irony is that I'll lose my toes and then finally be able to fit into a boot of my choice! Gees!!!

July 30, 2014
Quick Reply