Cheap shoes for wide small feet?

10:09 a.m. on July 12, 2006 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

I have very wide and small feet and am looking for a pair of cheap shoes. Main use will be indoor. Thanks.

12:45 p.m. on July 12, 2006 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,329 reviewer rep
5,295 forum posts

How small? My spouse has the same problem. I assume, since you put this in the Climbing forum you mean for gym climbing. Several companies make good shoes intended for gym climbing for kids. A number of the bigger gyms sell these, so your local gym might have them. If you are close to a major metropolitan area, check with several gyms. In my area on the Left Coast (SFBay), we have dozens of gyms (several chains) that have shoes for sale, including kid sizes. I know that the LA and San Diego areas also have a number of gyms that sell kid shoes.

Oh, yeah, you asked for cheap. Sorry, but depending on your definition of "cheap", there is no such thing as a "cheap" gym climbing shoe. There are some companies, like Evolv, that make less expensive (still not cheap) shoes in kid sizes that gyms buy in quantity for rental to youth groups. But those are still in the $50++ range. We looked into getting some for the climbing wall at one of our local Boy Scout centers and decided against the large investment that was required.

September 15, 2014
Quick Reply