Evolv

1:53 p.m. on September 18, 2006 (EDT)
26 reviewer rep
23 forum posts

Has anyone heard of Evolv before? REI has them and the sales rep told me they are based in Garden Grove, CA. I like the "Made in USA" tags but am not sure about the quality and all. Thanks.

10:11 p.m. on September 20, 2006 (EDT)
3 reviewer rep
6 forum posts

I have Evolv Athenas and will vouch for their quality. The rubber isn't as sticky as Five Ten's, but the trade-off is that your shoes will not need to be replaced in 6 months. Evolv has an awesome reputation for resoling as well. They do it themselves for cheap. I've used my Athenas very regularly in the gym since January and on quite a few outdoor trips since March, and they hold up soooo well. I thought about buying a second pair this week because I saw them on sale, but just can't justify it with as little wear as they show. Unless the price tag of Five Ten Anasazis, for instance, isn't an issue, I suggest going with Evolvs because they're a long-term investment and a quality shoe for a decent price.

7:26 p.m. on September 23, 2006 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,329 reviewer rep
5,251 forum posts

I have apair of Evolvs and like them a lot. Not as much as some of my others, but they stick more than adequately

11:43 a.m. on October 5, 2006 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,329 reviewer rep
5,251 forum posts

If you look over on mtncommunity.org under the climbing forum at my post on the Camp 4 Dedication, you will see a photo that I shot on Golfer's in Tuolumne Meadows that includes my foot with my Evolv clearly showing. And also in the New Mexico TR in the shot of me on Stacy's Heel, where you can see both feet. See, I actually use them.

July 22, 2014
Quick Reply