Fancy a unique new years eve Outdoors ?

7:24 a.m. on November 27, 2006 (EST)
(Guest)

Fancy having a unique New Years Eve party?

How about up north on the west coast of Scotland…
We would have a fire, camp out on the beach…enjoying food and drink that we would bring along, musical instruments welcome lol
And for the ones up the next day a nice walk on the first day of the year would be ideal…

I want to escape the more traditional celebrations…and return to what I love most…the outdoors

Looking for a bunch of keen campers, nature lovers who would like to join me…
(I repeat keen campers....nature lovers…)

Yes it could rain yes it could snow and yes it will be cold (no need to reply to me to say that)
But if you know your stuff you will know that you can come well equipped ;)

Anyway, email me, make suggestions they are most welcome, I want to see if this idea appeals to anyone…

X

5:31 p.m. on November 30, 2006 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
408 forum posts
Naw, gets dark too early...

Interesting.

I'd probably more fancy a New Year's Eve after a day of climbing or skiing. Probably be pretty tired. Might not make it to midnight. I other words, like my usual New Years Eve.

Some remote rock location, ala Cochise Stronghold or maybe a tamer venue, ala Joshua Tree. Then hit a nice dinner prior to trying to stay up to watch the ball sink on TV.

Seems like in the last few years, I backcountry ski or ice climb on both the eve and day of new years. Maybe this will be the year for something crazy...like...rock climbing...

-Brian in SLC

1:24 a.m. on December 26, 2006 (EST)
(Guest)

Yo Aimee ~

I wanted to be on top of a mountain (after having climbed it, of course!) or just playing my guitar around a bonfire and celebrating the New Year's eve with a bunch of friends!

I'm in Los Angeles. Whereyouat?

December 29, 2014
Quick Reply