climbing vacation

4:08 p.m. on October 9, 2007 (EDT)
(Guest)

Hi. I`m a Norwegian mediocre climber who`d like to go climbing in October and November, and potentially December this year. I`d like to go pretty much anywhere in the world which has good climbing and nice weather. Problem is that I don`t have a partner at the moment. Anyone here who knows a good crag/mountain-region where it`s easy to hook up with someone and just climb? Im up for bouldering/sport and trad.

My plan so far is to go to Railay beach Thailand in December. But I dont know what to do in October and November.

12:10 p.m. on October 18, 2007 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
77 forum posts

sjur: If you go to Rockclimbing.com or Supertopo.com, they have a forum that could help you

12:39 p.m. on October 18, 2007 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,445 reviewer rep
5,392 forum posts

sjur,
You don't have to go as far as Thailand to find good climbing and climbing partners. Just head to the south end of the continent. There are plenty of places in Spain, southern France, Italy (esp Sicily), Slovenia that are nice at this time of year and are hangouts for climbers. I just got back from the Dolomites last Sunday, and the weather at this time until into November is perfect at the lower altitudes. Even without a partner, the areas around Bolzano and Cortina have many via ferratas you can do by yourself (plus there are lots of others who will be on the more popular ones you can hang out with).

There is also a lot of good climbing in North Africa (Morocco for example) where lots of Europeans hang out.

10:09 p.m. on October 27, 2007 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts

Sjur,
pakistan is also the land of the high mountains,8000m/7000m/6000m if do intresting to make your trip here,i will be your partner to climb here such any grad of peaks.
best wishes
Qudrat

December 19, 2014
Quick Reply