Met5 Jacket from TNF

8:45 p.m. on August 25, 2001 (EDT)
(Guest)

a.k.a. Chris Reid, Cnris

TNF redeming it's self? TNF used to be so much better? Well I'm going to be purchasing some of there equipment this year for the first time. I think the TNF has taken on a lot of heat because we don't like seeing our expensive equipment being worn around on the streets of New York like it's a fashion statment. How ever if TNF takes that new found profit and comes out with new equipment like this it's fine with me. Plus a serious mountaineer should carefully review each piece of gear and not become brand loyal. Any way the Met5 jacket won't be in select stores until Oct. but heres the features. It's the new Altai jacket (check there site for pic) with there new intelligent garment technology. Which includes Polartec heat technology (conductive heat filaments which run throughout the jacket). You can basically turn the jacket on from 105-114 degrees. It uses lithum ion batteries and can be charged in 2.5 hours with an expediation solar recharger! What do you guys think of this new technology? What about the concept? I have more info if anyone requests it I'll post weights, prices etc.

9:51 p.m. on October 11, 2001 (EDT)
(Guest)

"I think the TNF has taken on a lot of heat because we don't like seeing our expensive equipment being worn around on the streets of New York like it's a fashion statment. "
Perhaps "serious mountaineers" shouldn't be in/on the streets of NYC.

10:18 p.m. on October 22, 2001 (EDT)
(Guest)

How much does it cost and where can I purchase it? Chicago?
Thanks.

Quote:

TNF redeming it's self? TNF used to be so much better? Well I'm going to be purchasing some of there equipment this year for the first time. I think the TNF has taken on a lot of heat because we don't like seeing our expensive equipment being worn around on the streets of New York like it's a fashion statment. How ever if TNF takes that new found profit and comes out with new equipment like this it's fine with me. Plus a serious mountaineer should carefully review each piece of gear and not become brand loyal. Any way the Met5 jacket won't be in select stores until Oct. but heres the features. It's the new Altai jacket (check there site for pic) with there new intelligent garment technology. Which includes Polartec heat technology (conductive heat filaments which run throughout the jacket). You can basically turn the jacket on from 105-114 degrees. It uses lithum ion batteries and can be charged in 2.5 hours with an expediation solar recharger! What do you guys think of this new technology? What about the concept? I have more info if anyone requests it I'll post weights, prices etc.

9:24 a.m. on December 27, 2001 (EST)
(Guest)

I just purchased the Met5, and would be happy to answer any questions a person may have. Live in Ohio...

1:54 a.m. on December 30, 2001 (EST)
(Guest)

Quote:

I just purchased the Met5, and would be happy to answer any questions a person may have. Live in Ohio...

How do you like it generally. Is it worth it?

Do you see any room for improvement with the system or that particular jacket. Anything that would possibly want to make a person wait for the next generation of Heat?

1:55 a.m. on December 30, 2001 (EST)
(Guest)

In Chicago I saw it at the Moose's Jaw (or Tooth) within the Webster Place in Lincoln Park.

Quote:

How much does it cost and where can I purchase it? Chicago?
Thanks.

Quote:

2:47 p.m. on August 15, 2002 (EDT)
(Guest)

Is this jacket too good to be true? I read a few negative reviews, but not from an owner. If you don't mind, how has the jacket worked for you?
Thanks,
K.

July 28, 2014
Quick Reply