About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

Following Atticus: Man and Dog Tackle the Winter Whites

8:25 a.m. on October 14, 2011 (EDT)
130 reviewer rep
130 forum posts

This thread is for comments on the article "Following Atticus: Man and Dog Tackle the Winter Whites"

The new memoir "Following Atticus" chronicles the adventures of Tom Ryan and his miniature schnauzer, Atticus, and how hiking and climbing in New Hampshire's White Mountains changed their lives.

Full article at http://www.trailspace.com/blog/2011/10/14/following-atticus.html

9:01 a.m. on October 19, 2011 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
16 forum posts

As one who loves both the outdoors and memoirs, I have to read it.  Thanks for sharing.

8:41 a.m. on October 20, 2011 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
471 reviewer rep
2,913 forum posts

Thanks for calling this book to my attention, Philip. I've done all the Whites, though not all in winter, so this sounds like a good read for me.

3:40 p.m. on October 20, 2011 (EDT)
130 reviewer rep
130 forum posts

I think you'll enjoy this book Alicia, on many levels. Tom is a gifted writer and Atticus has got a great personality.

6:37 p.m. on October 23, 2011 (EDT)
72 reviewer rep
1,046 forum posts

Thank you for posting this phillip it looks like a great story and I will donate the book after done reading it to a local library..

9:14 a.m. on November 12, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
16 forum posts

I have just finished Following Atticus and loved it. The strength of the relationship of the author and his dog and the healing powers of their joint adventures in the White Mountains is incredible. Tom Ryan manages to explore small town politics, difficult family relationships, the ins and outs of hiking and love between pet and owner while keeping the reader interested in all of thise facets of the story. The final twist of the story slowly emerges but we are left to wonder how it plays out - leaving room for a sequel! Thanks, Phillip, for bringing it to our attention.

5:00 p.m. on November 13, 2011 (EST)
245 reviewer rep
1,469 forum posts

I want a dog and for the right reasons

8:37 p.m. on November 13, 2011 (EST)
TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
973 reviewer rep
571 forum posts

Just added the book to my Christmas list!

April 20, 2014
Quick Reply