About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

Fall Adventures Photo Contest

10:37 a.m. on November 15, 2011 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
397 reviewer rep
962 forum posts

This thread is for comments on the article "Fall Adventures Photo Contest"

Trailspace is launching the Fall Adventures Photo Contest. From 11/15 to 12/9, submit your favorite Fall Adventure pictures on Trailspace's Facebook page for a chance to win some cool gear.

Full article at http://www.trailspace.com/blog/2011/11/15/fall-adventures-photo-contest.html

12:43 p.m. on November 15, 2011 (EST)
486 reviewer rep
1,356 forum posts

YAY! I entered and cannot wait to see all the pictures!

0k-feet.jpg

this is at 10k feet on the Bristlecone trail!

1:22 p.m. on November 15, 2011 (EST)
1,633 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

Wait a sec... What is a Facebook? ;)

1:41 p.m. on November 15, 2011 (EST)
245 reviewer rep
1,469 forum posts

Great prizes

5:55 p.m. on November 15, 2011 (EST)
486 reviewer rep
1,356 forum posts

I saw your entry and it was GREAT Rick!

8:05 p.m. on November 15, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
1,236 forum posts

Rick-Pittsburgh said:

Wait a sec... What is a Facebook? ;)

I don't know.  I did have a friend who got cold cocked with a book upside his face.  Does that count?  He might have been the first member of the facebook club.

2:23 a.m. on November 17, 2011 (EST)
1,633 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

Some pretty nice photos being posted on the facebook page. 

11:15 a.m. on November 17, 2011 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
397 reviewer rep
962 forum posts

They are gorgeous pictures!  It's making me feel cooped up here, but it's wonderful to see the wonderful things people are experiencing this fall!

1:56 p.m. on November 20, 2011 (EST)
200 reviewer rep
3,925 forum posts

I posted an image there at Trailspace Facebook. It the only fall color I have seen around Tucson. Usually here tree's in the desert like Cottonwoods and Sycamores have leaves almost year round, when they do fall off they just dry out in the dry desert air and fall off, then a few eeks later start coming out again.

The Sycamore I photographed was at 7 Falls during my last hike near one of the falls/pools area. The tree shows a little color.

9:09 a.m. on November 21, 2011 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
397 reviewer rep
962 forum posts

Hi Gary.  I don't see your photo on our wall.  Did you not upload it yet?

10:17 a.m. on November 21, 2011 (EST)
200 reviewer rep
3,925 forum posts

Yes, Dave MacLeay saw it and commented on it.
My-photo.jpg

Here its is. Its from 7 Falls in Bear Canyon during my last hike there last week. Its a Sycamore tree. Note the huge rounded boulder wedge in the cliff behind left. There's a waterfall underneath it only visable to those who wade thru the water and look underneath.

11:43 a.m. on November 21, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
42 forum posts

Now have a question on this Photo Contest. Can one still post a photo even though they are NOT a member with Facebook? I am a member here but NOT with Facebook. And I seemed to have problems with posting a photo over there for then had to log on to Facebook. I personally refuse to join Facebook because of privacy issues. I would be happy to post a photo in the contest. Have a Good day!  

11:54 a.m. on November 21, 2011 (EST)
486 reviewer rep
1,356 forum posts

Kmatihwy, if it acceptable, perhaps you can post it here and the mods can post it over on the FB page for you.

12:01 p.m. on November 21, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
42 forum posts

Now If I can do that then that would be Great!!! And I do have a certain photo in mind taken this fall that I would like to post if possible.

12:23 p.m. on November 21, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
42 forum posts

IMG_1419.jpg

Now here is the photo that I would like to submit. It is entitled 'Cache Creek Colors with Rendezvous Peak. It was taken up Cache Creek here behind Jackson, Wyo. this fall with the fall colors looking over to Rendezvous Peak in the Tetons.

Now if the mods could transfer this photo over to the Facebook Page for me then that would be Great since I do NOT have a Facebook Account. Thanks so very much!

12:29 p.m. on November 21, 2011 (EST)
200 reviewer rep
3,925 forum posts

Wow, nice picture Kayla. You are so lucky to live in that beautiful place. I hope to back next year, maybe...if I don't cycle to Florida instead!

2:53 p.m. on November 21, 2011 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
397 reviewer rep
962 forum posts

Hi Gary - I located your picture! 

4:13 p.m. on November 21, 2011 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
42 forum posts

Just for whatever it is worth ... decided to delete the photo and not entering the photo contest. Again I am not a member of facebook so am not going there and the contest.

4:48 p.m. on November 21, 2011 (EST)
486 reviewer rep
1,356 forum posts

Aww, too bad, kmatjwy. It is SUCH a nice pic. Was happy to ahve been able to see it here!

4:52 p.m. on November 21, 2011 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
397 reviewer rep
962 forum posts

kmatjhwy said:

Now have a question on this Photo Contest. Can one still post a photo even though they are NOT a member with Facebook? I am a member here but NOT with Facebook. And I seemed to have problems with posting a photo over there for then had to log on to Facebook. I personally refuse to join Facebook because of privacy issues. I would be happy to post a photo in the contest. Have a Good day!

We respect members' decisions about joining (or not joining) social networking sites.  This contest in particular is hosted on Facebook, and while I'd love to be able to post members pictures for them on the Trailspace wall, this isn't something I'd be able to do for everyone, and therefore is something I'm reluctant to do for any one member of the community.  For this particular contest, you do need to have a Facebook account to participate.

Of course, not every contest we do will be on Facebook.  I'm working on a list of fun community events and contests, many of which won't require Facebook to participate.

If anyone has suggestions or ideas about contests for the future, or feedback on past or present contests - feel free to send me a PM or an e-mail seth@trailspace.com

12:42 p.m. on November 22, 2011 (EST)
200 reviewer rep
3,925 forum posts

And Kayla is such a good photographer too. We have been friends for about 30 year in JH.

April 19, 2014
Quick Reply