About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

New Tools for Writing Great Gear Reviews

1:25 p.m. on February 29, 2012 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
471 reviewer rep
2,913 forum posts

This thread is for comments on the article "New Tools for Writing Great Gear Reviews"

One of our goals at Trailspace is to give our members the best tools to write and share great gear reviews. So we’re excited to announce that we’ve launched a redesigned and enhanced version of our “write a review” form.

Full article at http://www.trailspace.com/blog/2012/02/29/new-gear-review-form.html

2:03 p.m. on February 29, 2012 (EST)
1,633 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

I really like this. The new structure provides a bit of guidance but at the same time still gives the individual writing the review a bit of latitude.

The edit forever feature is sweet. I am forever finding typos in my reviews. Needless to say they drive me nuts(Alicia you can vouch for me on that one right?)

I guess I just have to find something new to harass you, Dave, and Seth about. :p 

Good stuff.  

9:23 a.m. on March 1, 2012 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
471 reviewer rep
2,913 forum posts

Thanks, Rick.

We wanted to offer some helpful guidance and structure for reviewers who'd appreciate it, but ultimately still let the reviewer decide what is most important to share and how.

I will vouch for Rick's need to fix typos, but I think that's a sign of good character!

11:24 a.m. on March 1, 2012 (EST)
1,633 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

Alicia said:

I think that's a sign of good character!

That's funny. That's the same thing I told my wife. :p

12:52 p.m. on March 3, 2012 (EST)
245 reviewer rep
1,469 forum posts

sounds good

6:10 p.m. on March 3, 2012 (EST)
486 reviewer rep
1,356 forum posts

GREAT! I have several reviews I will want to write after my trek. I want them to be valuable to others! This will help.

12:50 p.m. on March 5, 2012 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
471 reviewer rep
2,913 forum posts

Thanks. I hope you'll all use it to share your gear reviews whenever you're ready.

9:05 a.m. on March 8, 2012 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
908 forum posts

Rick Said:

The edit forever feature is sweet. I am forever finding typos in my reviews. Needless to say they drive me nuts(Alicia you can vouch for me on that one right?)

Try Firefox as a browser.  It has a spell check feature. Still find typos, etc in my posts but not as many.

April 19, 2014
Quick Reply