Eat some Muddy Bean Boots this spring

8:23 p.m. on March 20, 2012 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
501 reviewer rep
2,994 forum posts

This thread is for comments on the article "Eat some Muddy Bean Boots this spring"

In honor of spring and its 100th anniversary, L.L. Bean and Gifford's Ice Cream have created a Muddy Bean Boots ice cream flavor, inspired by the iconic outdoor boot.

Full article at http://www.trailspace.com/blog/2012/03/20/ll-bean-muddy-bean-boots.html

1:51 a.m. on March 21, 2012 (EDT)
245 reviewer rep
1,469 forum posts

Yum YUM yum Yum yuuuuummmmm

9:24 p.m. on March 21, 2012 (EDT)
TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
708 reviewer rep
875 forum posts

Love those classic Maine Hunting shoes also known as Bean Boots. The canoe is a bit pricey for a new w/c boat, but doubtless it's made with a little extra care. 

Too bad I'll not get partake of the ice cream out here in Seattle. 

6:37 a.m. on March 23, 2012 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
501 reviewer rep
2,994 forum posts

I want to try some too. I heard they sold out the first batch already. Hopefully they'll be replenishing the stock.

11:23 p.m. on March 24, 2012 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,225 reviewer rep
1,261 forum posts

I had a pair of those boots when I lived in New England.  I got them as a gift from a friend who bought them at the LL Bean store in Freeport.  With some sadness, I sold them after moving to CA, because I wasn't using them.  When I go to the Sierra I need a better grip (sole), and I certainly don't need boots like that around San Francisco.

IIRC, I sold the boots on eBay.  Maybe I should have eaten them instead.

4:08 a.m. on March 25, 2012 (EDT)
38 reviewer rep
1,757 forum posts

I bought a pair of Bean Boots to wear on a film shoot on Kauai years ago. Mail ordered them over the phone and had them delivered to my hotel once I realized how bad the location was. Great for that kind of work under those conditions.

4:47 p.m. on March 27, 2012 (EDT)
171 reviewer rep
223 forum posts

Man you guys got cool stores in the US. Wish there was an L.L Bean in Montreal...

7:48 p.m. on April 3, 2012 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
501 reviewer rep
2,994 forum posts

I had a scoop today. It was good, though it's hard to go wrong with brownies and caramel in ice cream.
IMG_0246.jpg
Now that I'm looking at the picture I want more.

8:53 p.m. on April 3, 2012 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

If I keep reading this thread none of my clothes or my pack is gonna fit me. Between this and Ed G's Haluski query directed to me I am toast.

Thanks alot(buries face in Ben & Jerry's while chompin on Cheese Doodles)...

12:43 a.m. on April 4, 2012 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,225 reviewer rep
1,261 forum posts

Mmmm, and Maine Wild Blueberries.  Now that brings back some memories ... raking blueberries for Wyman's.

July 28, 2014
Quick Reply