New Feature: Comment on Gear Reviews

8:59 p.m. on May 4, 2012 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
588 reviewer rep
3,051 forum posts

This thread is for comments on the article "New Feature: Comment on Gear Reviews"

Have you ever read someone's gear review and had a follow-up question or two? Or just wanted to comment on a stellar, helpful review? Great job! Now you can leave comments on any Trailspace gear review.

Full article at http://www.trailspace.com/blog/2012/05/04/comment-on-reviews.html

9:02 p.m. on May 4, 2012 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

Love this feature.

This will be very helpful not only for those that are reading the review that may have questions but also to the individual that wrote the review in the aspect of feedback, etc.

Good stuff as always Trailspace. 

9:10 p.m. on May 4, 2012 (EDT)
TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
1,160 reviewer rep
605 forum posts

This is a fantastic idea, I meant to send trouthunter a PM on that fantastic stove review, now I can go do it right there.

Way to go Trailspace!

9:27 p.m. on May 4, 2012 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
588 reviewer rep
3,051 forum posts

Thanks! Dave gets all the credit for this feature. It's something we've wanted to have on the site for a while.

1:17 a.m. on May 5, 2012 (EDT)
245 reviewer rep
1,469 forum posts

nice

2:58 p.m. on May 5, 2012 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
592 reviewer rep
1,514 forum posts

I think this opens up the site in new dimentional ways! Consider if a review lets us know some particular fact about a piece of gear, but others have had a different experience with that feature and they comment as to that difference. It will soooo clarify whether the review has an out-lyer in it or whether a use difference can change performance. WHAT a great thing and makes the reviews here even more valuable and essential than they already are!.

3:20 p.m. on May 5, 2012 (EDT)
87 reviewer rep
1,061 forum posts

With Dave's new idea and system it will just keep improveing trailspace at being a step above other sites..

6:55 p.m. on May 5, 2012 (EDT)
52 reviewer rep
312 forum posts

I agree, this will be really beneficial. Nice one, Dave!

It should be even more helpful for gear that is either very durable or that remains a long-term product line (Hille tents, Arc jackets, etc), where the accumulative effect encourages manufacturers to invest in 'essentials' instead of just fashion.

1:26 p.m. on May 6, 2012 (EDT)
245 reviewer rep
1,469 forum posts

This is turning into a very good resource site.

5:34 p.m. on May 6, 2012 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
234 reviewer rep
943 forum posts

Thanks, folks!

10:30 p.m. on May 6, 2012 (EDT)
121 reviewer rep
291 forum posts

Very nice improvement to the site. Trailspace keeps getting better and better. Best place to be when your not on the trail!

5:20 p.m. on May 7, 2012 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

Curious, how will we receive notification that there has been a comment posted to one of our reviews?

Will there be a notification sent to our pm inbox?

8:02 p.m. on May 7, 2012 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
588 reviewer rep
3,051 forum posts

Rick-Pittsburgh said:

Curious, how will we receive notification that there has been a comment posted to one of our reviews?

It's the same email notification you get for responses to threads you've subscribed to or to notify you of private mesages.

8:24 p.m. on May 7, 2012 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

Alicia said:

Rick-Pittsburgh said:

It's the same email notification you get for responses to threads you've subscribed to or to notify you of private mesages.

Okay, so do I need to subscribe in order to get the updates like I have on the threads?

If so where does one do this because I have looked and do not see a place to subscribe to review comments(my own/or others I have posted on.)

8:28 p.m. on May 7, 2012 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
234 reviewer rep
943 forum posts

You're automatically subscribed to comments on all of your own reviews. You will also be subscribed to comments for any review that you comment on.

8:46 p.m. on May 7, 2012 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

Thanks Dave. That was where I was lost. I kept looking for somewhere to subscribe but couldn't find a tab lol.

10:22 p.m. on May 10, 2012 (EDT)
121 reviewer rep
590 forum posts

amazing idea.

10:00 a.m. on May 30, 2012 (EDT)
1,357 reviewer rep
1,339 forum posts

Just a follow up.

It works. I asked a reviewer a question about a SPOT system, and got an answer back in just a day or two.

Very helpful.

September 18, 2014
Quick Reply