Meet Bill S, April's most helpful reviewer

10:31 a.m. on May 9, 2012 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
410 reviewer rep
1,046 forum posts

This thread is for comments on the article "Meet Bill S, April's most helpful reviewer"

Congratulations to long-time community member Bill S, author of April's most helpful gear review. The Trailspace community voted Bill's review of the CamelBak All Clear water purifier the most useful review of the month.

Full article at http://www.trailspace.com/blog/2012/05/09/bill-s-april-most-helpful-reviewer.html

11:06 a.m. on May 9, 2012 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
588 reviewer rep
3,024 forum posts

Congratulations, Bill!

I love the older pictures. Thanks for sharing them.

11:21 a.m. on May 9, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,075 forum posts

You have to admit the old school climbing photos are so much cooler looking than modern photos.

11:24 a.m. on May 9, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,075 forum posts

*Besides Trailspace glory, Bill gets a goodie pack with an Ibex Zepher Skull Cap with Trailspace logo, a Trailspace pint glass (for après-backcountry use), a SealLine iPad case, energy bars from ProBar, andTrailspace stickers.

Do you sell Trailspace swag or is this only for gift packages?

11:38 a.m. on May 9, 2012 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

OGBO, I really enjoyed your review of the all clear. So much that I went ahead and bought one(have yet to use it.)

You have a very substantial wealth of knowledge when it comes to the outdoors which I personally have learned a great deal from and for that I thank you.

I always look forward to your posts and responses. Even if it is a subject that may not be of interest to me I still read it because I have found more times than not I can take something from it... Even if its only a smile.

Hey, we could all use a few of those on a day to day basis right?

Well deserved Bill.

2:11 p.m. on May 9, 2012 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
770 reviewer rep
1,257 forum posts

Congrats Bill!

4:00 p.m. on May 9, 2012 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
658 reviewer rep
2,148 forum posts

Congratulations, Bill!

5:41 p.m. on May 9, 2012 (EDT)
87 reviewer rep
1,061 forum posts

Congratulations Bill(OGBO).

7:18 p.m. on May 9, 2012 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
998 reviewer rep
3,475 forum posts

Bill,

Your Camelbak All Clear review is very informative, well written, and I can see why everyone would find it helpful. I have put one on my "to buy" list.

I also want to say that after much use & abuse I have finally retired my old  GPSR. Before I could do that I had to find a replacement of course, which in turn meant I had to read up on the subject and wade through reviews.

Your many posts on the topic of GPSR's & navigation in general have been a big help in my decision.

Last week I got a new Delorme PN 60w.

Thanks for all the help,

Mike G.

7:46 p.m. on May 9, 2012 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,329 reviewer rep
5,287 forum posts

Thanks to all for the kudos. It warms the cockles of the cold heart of an Official Member of the Ancient and Dishonorable Society of Curmudgeons {8=>D

To expand a bit on the many people who influenced me, some were (and continue to be) famous and some were (and continue to be) obscure. Some knew they were having an influence, and some will never know. Beside my parents, one is considered to be a very famous American hero, immortalized in a well-known statue, who spent some time in my childhood home. Another was a famous (or infamous, depending on your opinion of his politics) politician, who pinned my Eagle Scout badge on me (one of the very few honest politicians I ever met). But many of the lessons came from almost everyone I ever had contact with in person or virtually (including all the posts I have read on Trailspace - I won't say which taught me things that improve me and which taught me things NOT to do or say {8=>O).

Keep in mind - the day you do not learn something new is the day you should go down to the undertaker's and turn yourself in. In the meantime, be very aware that everything you do and say WILL have an effect on everyone who witnesses you (including virtually on the Web) and those who pass places you tread in the most remote parts of the planet, consciously or not - strive to Leave No Trace, because whether you leave the place pristine or trashed, those who pass by after you may be inspired to do the same.

8:07 p.m. on May 9, 2012 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,245 reviewer rep
1,270 forum posts

Congrats to The OGBO! :D ... one of those who's reviews are super helpful.

7:17 a.m. on May 10, 2012 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
588 reviewer rep
3,024 forum posts

alan said:

Do you sell Trailspace swag or is this only for gift packages?

Thanks for asking, Alan.

Yes, we usually do have Trailspace goods (mainly hats) for sale, through a retail partner (we don't sell anything directly). The Trail Runner Cap is the current version offered, and the one given away the most.

However, it's getting a redesign right now, with the updated logo. So it's not available currently.

In the future, I'd also like to offer the Ibex skull cap and the pint glasses for sale, for members who want them, once we have new batches with the logo.

Stickers are always free. Email your mailing address to stickers@trailspace.com.

4:36 p.m. on May 10, 2012 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
1,075 forum posts

Am I the only one who has not seen the goods page until now?

9:35 p.m. on May 10, 2012 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
998 reviewer rep
3,475 forum posts

alan said:

Am I the only one who has not seen the goods page until now?

Nope.

I had not viewed it either until now.

Mike G.

9:56 p.m. on May 10, 2012 (EDT)
245 reviewer rep
1,469 forum posts

thanks for all your reviews Bill

9:54 a.m. on June 12, 2012 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
592 reviewer rep
1,511 forum posts

Hey Bill! Great thing you got this recognition. And though I am not a youth, you have made a difference in the life of this old chubby girl who sought a dream and you assisted in giving her the knowledge she needed to do it! Was great to meet you too..and your lovely wife and bheiser1 as well!

August 29, 2014
Quick Reply