Bill S Wins a Montane Mountain Star Jacket

8:41 a.m. on May 13, 2013 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
410 reviewer rep
1,047 forum posts

This thread is for comments on the article "Bill S Wins a Montane Mountain Star Jacket"

Congratulations, Bill S! For sharing your review of your Platypus GravityWorks Filter System, you've won a lightweight Mountain Star windshirt, thanks to Montane (worth $84).

Full article at http://www.trailspace.com/blog/2013/05/13/montane-mountain-star-review-winner.html

12:51 p.m. on May 13, 2013 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,329 reviewer rep
5,287 forum posts

I won a drawing? Amazing! I never win drawings!

This should come in very handy in my trip to Peru next month with the American Alpine Club's Climber Science Program. (if you look at the Yannapacha video on the Climber Science page, you can spot me in several of the early scenes - that's from the 2011 expedition, shot by Alex, our expedition doctor). Our biggest problem clothing-wise in the past summers has been the wind. I have a well-worn Montane eVent shell, which has done very well, so this windshirt should work out well.

Thanks, Seth!

1:28 p.m. on May 13, 2013 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
588 reviewer rep
3,025 forum posts

Congratulations, Bill.

Hope the Montane wind shirt works well in Peru and on your many other adventures.

-Alicia

3:40 p.m. on May 13, 2013 (EDT)
3,344 reviewer rep
1,232 forum posts

Looks like a really nice wind shirt.  Congrats Bill.

6:09 p.m. on May 13, 2013 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

Way to go Bill.

I personally will be looking for a wind tunnel test in the not so distant future.

I think 300 mph(just a suggestion) should do well to see just how resistant the shell is to a slight "breeze."

;)

9:39 p.m. on May 13, 2013 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,245 reviewer rep
1,270 forum posts

Congrats OGBO! :)

2:55 p.m. on May 23, 2013 (EDT)
2,329 reviewer rep
5,287 forum posts

Received it, and wore it on a hike up one of the local hills yesterday. It is a windshell, not a full weather-protection jacket. The hike was pretty breezy, so I got to experience the wind protection, and since the hike climbed 2500 ft in 4 miles (then back down), I got to get an impression of the breathability. After I wear it a few more times, I will do a write-up. I will note that, though it is a large, according to the label, it is fairly tight across the shoulders for me, with fairly slim sleeves at the arm-body point, which would limit wearing it over layers.

10:33 a.m. on May 24, 2013 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
588 reviewer rep
3,025 forum posts

Glad to hear it arrived and you've already started using it, Bill.

I'm sure others will appreciate reading your review once you've put it through its paces.

August 30, 2014
Quick Reply