To Write the Best Backpack Reviews Answer 3 Questions

8:00 a.m. on June 19, 2013 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
501 reviewer rep
2,990 forum posts

This thread is for comments on the article "To Write the Best Backpack Reviews Answer 3 Questions"

When buying a backpack, people want to know how it will fit, feel, and hold their gear. Give those details, and you'll help other hikers, backpackers, climbers, skiers, trail runners, and paddlers find the right pack for their next backcountry adventures.

Full article at http://www.trailspace.com/blog/2013/06/19/how-to-write-best-backpack-review.html

1:27 p.m. on June 19, 2013 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
3,325 reviewer rep
1,202 forum posts

I like it.  If I win the chance to test a pack I'll definitely reference this article.

10:50 p.m. on June 19, 2013 (EDT)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

Good stuff Alicia, thanks for firing this out. 

12:59 p.m. on June 20, 2013 (EDT)
TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
1,144 reviewer rep
103 forum posts

Great advise Alicia...maybe I can improve my recent review with these very helpful tips :)

8:52 p.m. on June 20, 2013 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
501 reviewer rep
2,990 forum posts

Thanks, all.

Everything I've learned comes from reading all of your thousands of reviews for the past decade-plus, and seeing the best of your efforts. Thanks for showing us how it's best done.

Alicia

9:41 a.m. on June 22, 2013 (EDT)
BRAND REP
3 reviewer rep
6 forum posts

Nice job Alicia! Can I suggest a fourth point, albeit to some extent well covered in your 3 questions. 

Are the materials and construction appropriate for your intended use?

I'm thinking that for example folks who will be travelling in more off-trail areas would do well to by packs made of fabrics with a slightly higher denier and denser weave-heavier to be sure, but way more abrasion resistant. Another example would be to consider the typical weather for the area where most trips are conducted; fabrics made with air-texturized yarns while having a nice feel, tend to pick up a lot of moisture over time and become spongey as opposed to flat filament yarns that have a much smoother finish. 

Just a bit of food for thought on an otherwise excellent piece!

greg  

July 22, 2014
Quick Reply