Q&A with PCTA Trail Rep and Advocate, Anitra Kass

2:25 p.m. on September 30, 2013 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
588 reviewer rep
3,050 forum posts

This thread is for comments on the article "Q&A with PCTA Trail Rep and Advocate, Anitra Kass"

Anitra Kass, thru-hiking Triple Crowner turned trail volunteer, helps protect, preserve, and promote the southern 700 miles of the Pacific Crest Trail as Southern California Regional Representative for the PCTA.

Full article at http://www.trailspace.com/blog/2013/09/30/qa-with-pcta-anitra-kass.html

12:46 p.m. on October 2, 2013 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
3,396 reviewer rep
1,233 forum posts

Cool article.  The first picture, with the crowns, looks like moose antlers.

1:30 p.m. on October 2, 2013 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
588 reviewer rep
3,050 forum posts

Thanks, SagetoSnow.

From a personal perspective, I like learning about the individuals who work at nonprofit outdoor organizations. They tend to be interesting, outdoorsy, dedicated folks, who deserve some attention and thanks.

So, thank you, Anitra and the folks at PCTA!

11:18 a.m. on October 3, 2013 (EDT)
415 reviewer rep
9 forum posts

Nice aritcle. 

I agree with FromsagetoSnow, those crowns look like moose antlers, and being from Manitoba, that's the first thing I noticed.

11:08 a.m. on October 4, 2013 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
410 reviewer rep
1,055 forum posts

Great article Alicia!  My thanks to Anitra and all of her colleagues. Keep up the good work!

12:31 p.m. on October 5, 2013 (EDT)
21 reviewer rep
1,162 forum posts

Volunteers are important to natural resources. I am always happy to see people put time into things they believe in.

Large well maintained trails like the PCT are a mixed blessing. They provide access and fast traveling for thousands of backcountry users each year. They also concentrate users in the same areas requiring permit systems and "wilderness management." 

September 17, 2014
Quick Reply