Hennessy Hammock

11:15 p.m. on August 11, 2006 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
501 reviewer rep
2,995 forum posts

This thread is for comments on the article "Hennessy Hammock"

While I’ve known for years that hammocks are popular with a subset of backpackers and adventure racers, I’d never had the opportunity to try one out until today when I happened to walk by the Hennessy Hammock booth here at OR. When I was offered the chance to see how it works I eagerly climbed right in. For any of you who’ve never been in a hammock before because you think it wil...

Full article at http://www.trailspace.com/blog/2006/08/11/hennessy-hammock.html

11:08 p.m. on August 23, 2006 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
5 forum posts

I think a hammock would be fine, provided you have a place to use it. It really depends on where you're going.

1:53 a.m. on September 16, 2006 (EDT)
(Guest)

I saw this special on one of the Discovery channels about jungle survival. The host of the show was a Special Ops guy who could rig a hammock with a tarp over the top to protect from rain and a mosquito net to protect from, well everything else.

That could come in handy if you like to camp in say, the Everglades, where creepy crawlies are year-round.

6:18 p.m. on September 20, 2006 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
6 forum posts

I've been hammock camping for years, bought a byer, is rigged for "skeeters" and have a tarp to use with it. Wouldn't sleep on the ground or carry a tent again...great for hiking or any where your going to stay "overnight" outdoors. 3 season weather of course!..

July 29, 2014
Quick Reply