MSR Reactor Receives Rock and Ice B.I.G. Award

7:58 p.m. on January 31, 2007 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
0 reviewer rep
291 forum posts

This thread is for comments on the article "MSR Reactor Receives Rock and Ice B.I.G. Award"

The MSR Reactor Stove System has received <i>Rock and Ice</i> magazine’s B.I.G. (Best in Gear) Award for 2007.

Full article at http://www.trailspace.com/articles/2007/01/31/msr-reactor-rock-and-ice-b.i.g.-award.html

8:35 a.m. on April 23, 2007 (EDT)
21 reviewer rep
2 forum posts
Re: MSR Reactor Receives Rock and Ice B.I.G. Award

Apparently REI has removed this stove/cook set from its shelves because of a problem with a weld.

9:09 p.m. on April 23, 2007 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
715 reviewer rep
3,166 forum posts
Re: MSR Reactor Receives Rock and Ice B.I.G. Award

Hi Jim,

I checked in with Cascade Designs/MSR after I read your post to find out the status of the Reactor and was told that the Reactor hasn’t actually hit store shelves yet (so it couldn’t have been taken off shelves). However, MSR has been a tad delayed in releasing the Reactor and is now wrapping up their 65-step “Quality Assurance Validation” process, the last phase of the development and release process.

The Reactor is still due out this spring and an announcement of its release will be posted on MSR’s web site at www.msrgear.com.

December 19, 2014
Quick Reply