Life and Death in Your Own Backyard

9:34 p.m. on September 24, 2007 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
715 reviewer rep
3,166 forum posts

This thread is for comments on the article "Life and Death in Your Own Backyard"

This morning I urged readers to get kids outside today, and every day, even if it’s just as far as the backyard. Well when our 3-year-old returned from a short hike with Dad tonight, he was just in time to hear and then see a barred owl catch a small bird right behind our house (as in a foot from my office window, where I first heard the life and death struggle unfolding in the dark). With ...

Full article at http://www.trailspace.com/blog/2007/09/24/get-kids-outside-and-find-life-and-death.html

8:58 p.m. on October 25, 2007 (EDT)
2 reviewer rep
166 forum posts

We have made the backyards of our suburban homes-a stone's throw from Boston -as wildlife inviting as possible (the Wilderness Society offered some materials teaching how-to when we were married). My kids had some great experiences watching and understanding nature.

December 21, 2014
Quick Reply