Gear Maker Profile: Jack Myers and Jack Tier of Jacks ‘R’ Better

2:16 p.m. on April 14, 2009 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
415 forum posts

This thread is for comments on the article "Gear Maker Profile: Jack Myers and Jack Tier of Jacks ‘R’ Better"

Retired U.S. Army officers and hikers Jack Tier and Jack Myer's quest to shave pounds off their backpacking gear led them to selling quilts and accessories for hammock campers.

Full article at http://www.trailspace.com/articles/2009/04/14/gear-maker-profile-jacks-r-better.html

8:03 p.m. on April 18, 2009 (EDT)
15 reviewer rep
40 forum posts

Great ideas. I've been thinking about useing a hammock in the woods for a couple years now, just haven't. This article probably has convinced me to do so.

Like everyone else I've used tents or tarps and assorted pads for decades but have also slept like a bear on the ground, in rough caves, on leaves etc. [before you ask-because I felt like it, knew Native Americans did and wanted to save weight], the year around hammock with quilt is an awesome idea...even if it dates me:) because I didn't know about them previously.

11:22 p.m. on April 18, 2009 (EDT)
7 reviewer rep
103 forum posts

I have two of their quilts. Their gear and customer service are excellent. I can't sleep on the ground any more, hammocks have saved me from having to end up dayhiking for the rest of my life. Good to see the Jacks getting some recognition.

November 28, 2014
Quick Reply