Commute Another Way

3:32 p.m. on May 11, 2009 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
715 reviewer rep
3,165 forum posts

This thread is for comments on the article "Commute Another Way"

Here in Maine, it's Commute Another Way Week, an annual event that promotes bicycling and walking, as well as carpools, vanpools, and public transit (bus, ferry, and rail) as cost-effective, healthy, and enjoyable alternatives to driving alone to work. Try walking, hiking, biking, paddling, rollerblading, or whatever you enjoy to get to work, to school, or to run errands. If the distance is too f...

Full article at http://www.trailspace.com/blog/2009/05/11/commute-another-way.html

10:42 p.m. on May 11, 2009 (EDT)
3 reviewer rep
170 forum posts

Cool. I have been walking and biking to work here since it is only 1.5 miles one way. At my two previous stations I commuted by bike at least two or three days a week, even in the rainy winters. I think I am going to be renting a place in town when I move and will be using my bikes for just about everything. Work is only going to be about 1.5 miles away from the place I want to rent and the stores and bars are all within an easy ride. There are several good trails to run or hike on within easy biking distance. If everything works out I may also be purchasing a recumbent bike, as long as it is capable of touring, in the next few months. That should also make a nice commuter.

December 18, 2014
Quick Reply