About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

The Wet Foot Test: Find Your Foot Type

4:21 p.m. on July 13, 2009 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
13 forum posts

This thread is for comments on the article "The Wet Foot Test: Find Your Foot Type"

Your foot’s arch — high, neutral, or flat — helps determine the amount of stability you need in your footwear. Try the wet foot test to find your arch and foot type.

Full article at http://www.trailspace.com/articles/wet-foot-test.html

7:32 p.m. on July 13, 2009 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,249 reviewer rep
5,186 forum posts

Good demonstration in straight-forward terms of "foot behavioor". As mentioned, there are a few stores (mostly running stores, such as RoadRunner Sports out here on the Left Coast) that have electronic devices to measure your stride as you walk or run. This "wet foot" method is a lot simpler and you can do it "at home".

12:16 p.m. on August 28, 2009 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
3,929 forum posts

A good friend and hiking partner of mine tends to walk Pigeon toed or has her feet pointing inward when she walks, I have noticed this when we hikes and I see her foot print on the trail and onserve her walking.

Is this okay, or can she be hurting her feet and maybe need to rty to learn to straighten her steps?

Please email me at garyclaytonpalmer@yahoo.com as this section of the forum does not always show.

I also asked another question about food intake and its developement into fatty areas of my stomach and what I can do or eat to make this fat go on thru instead of building up in my stomach? Please answer if you can at the email above so I am sure to recieve it?

Thanks,

gary

9:04 p.m. on August 28, 2009 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
471 reviewer rep
2,913 forum posts

Hi, Gary. I was a pigeon-toed kid, I even had to wear special shoes for a while (egad) around kindergarten age and wasn't supposed to sit cross-legged. I still have a slight tendency to toe-in, but it's not noticeable in any way and I don't think it's ever caused me an issue, though maybe that's why I'm prone to shin splints.

If it's severe and your friend has any other symptoms or pain between her feet and hips she may want to see a doctor (but she probably would have mentioned that by now in her life). Otherwise I wouldn't worry about it. If it's not causing her a problem, I'd just consider it part of her unique gait.

Here's some info I found:

http://www.footankle.com/in-toeing.htm

http://www.uihealthcare.com/topics/bonesjointsmuscles/bone3447.html

1:32 p.m. on August 29, 2009 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
649 forum posts

Nice article even though already I know that im flat footed as hell but others may find it very useful.

5:48 p.m. on August 30, 2009 (EDT)
MODERATOR TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
884 reviewer rep
3,432 forum posts

Yes...a very informative article. Thanks Mackenzie.

I have nuetral feet, my soles wear evenly and not on one side or the other. I do seem to benefit from stiff boots when treking in rough rocky terrain. They are no fun to wear shopping for gear, but after days on rough trails my feet are not strained and sore.

I like superfeet greens for an insole and have found them to be worth the price.

April 20, 2014
Quick Reply