Gift ideas for the mountainsexual on your list

3:21 p.m. on December 18, 2009 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
501 reviewer rep
2,994 forum posts
This thread is for comments on the article "Gift ideas for the mountainsexual on your list"
The following "definition" comes from urbandictionary.com: MountainSexual ...
Full article at http://www.trailspace.com/blog/2009/12/18/mountain-definition.html
5:46 p.m. on December 18, 2009 (EST)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
968 reviewer rep
3,470 forum posts

Oh God.....that's me.

Say it ain't so.

Edit: I'm leaving next week to go backpacking in Eastern Tennessee, I will try my best not to bathe or anything.

8:21 p.m. on December 18, 2009 (EST)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,329 reviewer rep
5,253 forum posts

I thought I was fitting until I got to the "GQ kind of guy" (what's "GQ"?), and then when I got to the "doesn't have to look or smell like a dirtbag", I knew I would never fit the definition. "Well-maintained truck, performance SUV" - well, unless a 6 year old Subaru fits in there, definitely not. I guess I will have to reform. Do I get points for rinsing off with the garden hose within a week after getting back from a month on Denali?

9:54 p.m. on December 18, 2009 (EST)
38 reviewer rep
1,757 forum posts

Very funny. I also think it might apply to some of the people who shop at The North Face store on Canon Drive in Beverly Hills (yes, there is one, yes, I've been in it, but no, didn't buy anything) or maybe the Patagonia store in Venice (CA, not Italy). :)

12:40 p.m. on December 19, 2009 (EST)
37 reviewer rep
747 forum posts

Bill

re: dirt bags

A homeless friend of mine was over for a pot roast dinner one night and he asked if he could do some laundry. I of course said sure. A while later I found him out on the drive with a garden hose rinsing out his clothes. I asked him why he didn't use the washer and dryer, but he didn't want to be too pushy.

Mountain sexual might apply to all the female snow bunnies in their cute snow suits and matching spandex cross country ski outfits.

Jim S

2:09 p.m. on December 20, 2009 (EST)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
968 reviewer rep
3,470 forum posts

As far as gift ideas.....how about a boot waterproofer that could also be used as hair gel?

Um....not for me, just a thought for the discriminating hiker, you know?

July 28, 2014
Quick Reply