Food & Drinks added to Trailspace Gear Guide

7:48 a.m. on December 23, 2009 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
415 forum posts

This thread is for comments on the article "Food & Drinks added to Trailspace Gear Guide"

Trailspace adds backpacking meals, energy foods, sports drinks and coffee to its Gear Guide.

Full article at http://www.trailspace.com/blog/2009/12/23/food-drinks-added-to-trailspace-gear-guide.html

11:21 p.m. on December 26, 2009 (EST)
170 reviewer rep
99 forum posts

Mountain House Grilled Whole Chicken Breasts w/mashed potatoes. The 'taters are your standard slighty overly flavored instant smashed potato flakes. But, the CHICKEN... Oh my, the chicken. How... Where do I begin? Tender? Yup! Juicy? Yup! Tastes like chicken? Ohhh yeahhh! These grilled chicken breasts from Mountain House taste better than almost any grilled chicken breast you'll buy at most restaurants. Do they look like grilled chicken breasts? They are grilled WHOLE chicken breasts. And that's the way you get 'em when you open 'em. Big old whole chicken breasts. Two of 'em! And some of those smashed 'taters I was talkin' 'bout earlier. Makes a mighty mean meal! And I mean mighty! That's one dang filling feast! Hmmm... Have I conveyed my delight with this product well enough yet? I guess... Anyways, if you haven't guessed by now... Two thumbs up for the Mountain House Grilled Whole Chicken Breasts w/mashed potatoes.

Peace!

12:53 p.m. on December 28, 2009 (EST)
5 reviewer rep
1 forum posts

This is my first time on this site and wow - it has a lot of great information!! I was going to write a review on a coffee that i use when i travel but i noticed you guys dont have it. It's kind of like the starbucks Via that you guys carry but not as pricey! I use the mount hagen sticks - regular when i travel. i neeeeed my morning cup of joe and this is a perfect way to start my day. this coffee is organic too! and smooooth! you guys should def try to get some on your website.

Thanks for the tip on the mountain house foods - ive only tried the ice cream :)

1:29 p.m. on December 28, 2009 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
415 forum posts

Thanks for the tip -- we provide links to the inventory of more than 20 online retailers but unfortunately none of them carry the Mount Hagen brand.

1:50 p.m. on December 28, 2009 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
715 reviewer rep
3,160 forum posts

Welcome to Trailspace, love2travel.

You'll also be glad to know that any on-topic gear or food item can be reviewed on Trailspace, even if the brand or product is not yet listed. We like to hear from our community members about other gear and outdoor items not listed here yet.

From the FAQ's:

How can I review a product that isn't listed on the site?
You can review any piece of outdoor gear -- whether or not it's already on Trailspace -- from the Write a Review page.

The review form is accessible by clicking "Gear Reviews" at the top of any page on the site, and then clicking "Write a Review" in the upper-right corner of the Gear Reviews main page (or any other page in the Gear Reviews section).

November 28, 2014
Quick Reply