The shoes of 2010: a three-part series

1:22 p.m. on January 4, 2010 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
415 forum posts

This thread is for comments on the article "The shoes of 2010: a three-part series"

Kayland Contact Rev Trailspace contributor Mackenzie Lobby pulled together an expansive look at new shoes, boots, and assorted footwear arriving in stores this year. She found so many that we have to divide them up into three parts: Boots and climbing shoes -- posted today. Includes over-the-heel boots for hiking, backpacking, and mountaineering, plus a sampling of rock-climbing and bouldering sh...

Full article at http://www.trailspace.com/blog/2010/01/04/the-shoes-of-2010-a-three-part-series.html

9:46 p.m. on January 6, 2010 (EST)
2 reviewer rep
166 forum posts

Are custom made boots like Limmers going away, you think?

7:27 a.m. on January 7, 2010 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
415 forum posts

Pretty much yeah, I suspect. The few remaining look like exceptions that prove the rule.

Customization now is happening in the creation of orthotic footbeds.

5:33 p.m. on January 10, 2010 (EST)
37 reviewer rep
747 forum posts

I got a pair of Nike Air Alvord series trail runners for Christmas this year. That said - I do not run since I broke my leg 14 years a go, but I do live in Central Oregon and I hike in the forested area around here. I have been impressed with the traction on dirt, mud and snow with them. They're also pretty easy to slip on and off and even when laced loosely enough for that, they still grip my feet pretty well, well enough. They were around $50 at a Nike store in Bend.

Jim S

August 1, 2014
Quick Reply