Frozen: The Update

3:27 p.m. on January 5, 2010 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
715 reviewer rep
3,169 forum posts
This thread is for comments on the article "Frozen: The Update"
Many (including us*) have been having fun at the expense of the upcoming ski thriller (though not in the usual ski thrill sense) Frozen, based on the trailer below. Thanks to ...
Full article at http://www.trailspace.com/blog/2010/01/05/frozen-the-update.html
7:11 p.m. on January 5, 2010 (EST)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,622 reviewer rep
5,398 forum posts

Rappelling off the lift - I asked the ski patrollers about this when I was chatting with them about the movie a couple weeks ago. I commented that if I were stuck on a lift, I would just as soon get down by rappelling rather than having them lower me like a sack of potatoes. They made some nasty comments about liability issues - even if they found a chair with professional climbing guides, or even some of their own ski patrol members, they are required to lower everyone per standard procedure (they did say that if they lowered one of their own, s/he would immediately be pressed into service for the next person off the chair). The only explanation was "liability issues".

Oh, and don't try to jump off the chair, even if it is only 5 feet off the ground, just leaving or entering the lift station - same liability issues. And yes, you lose your lift ticket and probably will get banned for at least the season.

Soooo, which lift at Snowbasin was it? The one we will be using for the Demo Day?

7:43 p.m. on January 5, 2010 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
715 reviewer rep
3,169 forum posts

I don't know which Snowbasin lift(s) was/were used. Maybe you can match the images in the trailer with the actual lift, though they apparently used a miniature and a partial lift for close-ups and brought in some extra trees.

Bill, if you rappel off a Snowbasin lift, especially with wolves circling below, I will take a video for Trailspace to remember you by, just before you get carted away by the authorities and never ski Snowbasin or any resort in Utah again. Hey, that sounds like the end of a real ski horror move: "And he never skied again... [evil laugh]."

December 27, 2014
Quick Reply