Greg Mortenson on PBS Friday, Jan. 15

5:12 a.m. on January 13, 2010 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
588 reviewer rep
3,011 forum posts

This thread is for comments on the article "Greg Mortenson on PBS Friday, Jan. 15"

Greg Mortenson, author of Three Cups of Tea and Stones Into Schools and founder of the Central Asia Institute, will be featured on a special on PBS's Bill Moyers Journal on Friday, January 15, between 8 and 10 p.m. (check your local affiliate PBS schedule). Mortenson's 2006 bestseller, Three Cups of Tea: One Man’s Mission to Promote Peace, One School At A Time, recounts his journey from a f...

Full article at http://www.trailspace.com/blog/2010/01/13/greg-mortenson-pbs.html

1:27 p.m. on January 13, 2010 (EST)
0 reviewer rep
1,075 forum posts

I have the book but have not yet read it. I did read 3 Cups of Tea and I had my kids read it as well and also brought my kids to see Mortenson give a live presentation. Mortenson's mother is speaking tomorrow at a local church but I am unable to attend her presentation. I believe Mortenson was nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize for his work. I highly recommend 3 Cups of Tea both for adults and have your kids read it as well - there is a companion book for younger readers.

August 20, 2014
Quick Reply