Outdoor Retailer: Columbia Omni-Heat

8:14 a.m. on January 24, 2010 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
588 reviewer rep
3,024 forum posts

This thread is for comments on the article "Outdoor Retailer: Columbia Omni-Heat"

Omni-Heat Thermal Reflective shines up the inside of a Columbia jacket. "It's like wearing a space blanket." That's how Anna Sanford of Columbia describes Omni-Heat Thermal Reflective, a shiny, reflective aluminum material that's on the inside of numerous new fall-winter 2010 Columbia products. The shiny metal is applied dot-matrix style on top of a moisture-wicking, breathable fabric, and accoun...

Full article at http://www.trailspace.com/blog/2010/01/24/outdoor-retailer-columbia-omni-heat.html

12:01 a.m. on February 3, 2010 (EST)
447 reviewer rep
277 forum posts

Oh YEAH! I see this stuff in sleeping bags to reduce weight and bulk while maiontaining warmth.

My old Caribou Mountaineering synthetic - 5 F. winter bag has an innovative needle-punched reflective mylar layer. Seems to work.

Eric

3:16 a.m. on February 3, 2010 (EST)
1,631 reviewer rep
3,962 forum posts

I have 2 Burton coats that have reflective material in the lining of the body. Seems to work well for this application. Its basically a waterproof shell w/minimal insulation but it is very warm(thank god for the pit zips) and light. They have been using it for quite some time now. I purchased my older Burton coat 4 maybe 5yrs ago and it is the same type of lining.

Same basic theory just a different variation.

August 28, 2014
Quick Reply