Sierra Club announces new executive director

8:53 p.m. on January 27, 2010 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
0 reviewer rep
291 forum posts

This thread is for comments on the article "Sierra Club announces new executive director"

Michael Brune has been named the 6th executive director of the Sierra Club. He assumes a position formerly held by such legendary environmentalists as David Brower and Michael McCloskey.

Full article at http://www.trailspace.com/articles/2010/01/27/sierra-club-executive-director.html

9:20 p.m. on January 27, 2010 (EST)
12 reviewer rep
613 forum posts

Boy, that guy is a "hardcore" activist and I see he may be one of the foreigners who have seriously interfered in BC's forest and land management policies and practices, as a RAN member. This type of thing is VERY unpopular here as we have this odd idea that we can manage our own resources in our own country.

I know quite a lot about the REAL story behind the whole "Great Bear Rainforest" campaign, a total scam on all sides and one which will cost we BC citizens mucho bux in taxes, lost jobs and may well yet end in a major restriction on foreign un-guided tourism in that region.

I kinda prefer local conservation groups and believe that, "Small is Beautiful".

1:24 p.m. on March 26, 2010 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
3,325 reviewer rep
1,202 forum posts

Its a good thing there are groups like ELF and Earth First! to make the Sierra Club look reasonable.

Hunters and fishermen are the real, and original conservationists. We contribute $4.7 million each DAY for the benefit of wildlife. Our license fees provide $1.1 billion annually. Gun and ammunition purchases each contribute an 11% excise tax to support wildlife which gives an additional $163 million for wildlife conservation. Even if you dont hunt, the best thing you can do to help wildlife is to buy a hunting or fishing license and a duck stamp.

I liked the Sierra Club back when they were a conservation group, not a preservation group, bent on de-populating the world of people. Funny, they never volunteer to be first on that last goal.

July 22, 2014
Quick Reply