Outdoor Retailer: Footbeds and Insoles

8:11 p.m. on February 8, 2010 (EST)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,430 reviewer rep
5,363 forum posts

This thread is for comments on the article "Outdoor Retailer: Footbeds and Insoles"

Superfeet Green Proper footwear can make or break any outdoor adventure, and most experienced people know that choosing appropriate, well-fitting, quality boots or shoes is essential. The first step is to make sure your boots fit properly, preferably using a trained boot fitter. However, many people don't realize the role quality footbeds (also called insoles) play. Odds are, the flimsy ones that...

Full article at http://www.trailspace.com/blog/2010/02/08/outdoor-retailer-footbeds-insoles.html

8:52 p.m. on February 8, 2010 (EST)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
998 reviewer rep
3,506 forum posts

I use Superfeet Greens, they work good for me.

I use the factory footbeds as a pattern to cut a piece of 1/8 foam and put that in before the Superfeet to take up some of the volume in my boots.

I haven't yet tried the other brands mentioned.

8:20 a.m. on February 9, 2010 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
715 reviewer rep
3,160 forum posts

I've been using Montrail's Enduro Soles since they came out (maybe three to four years ago?). They're in my running shoes and hiking shoes and boots. It's initially not cheap to put them in multiple pairs of shoes to start, but they last a long while and I've had a lot of luck with them.

They're thermo-moldable, so you heat them in your oven for a few minutes before the first use.

Bill keeps telling me to try the ever-popular Superfeet, but since the Montrail footbeds work for me, I'm not going to fix what isn't broken.

November 29, 2014
Quick Reply