Nominate a hot spot in need of LNT attention

7:00 a.m. on March 11, 2010 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
588 reviewer rep
3,049 forum posts

This thread is for comments on the article "Nominate a hot spot in need of LNT attention"

Litter, dog poop, invasive species, trail and campsite erosion, polluted water, names carved in trees, filthy campfire rings, cigarette butts along a trail, damaged cultural and historic sites, toilet paper “flowers” around campsites, pets chasing wildlife. Yuck. Sometimes the result of humans recreating outdoors is more destructive than protective. If you know of a severely-impacted ...

Full article at http://www.trailspace.com/blog/2010/03/11/lnt-hot-spot.html

7:28 a.m. on March 11, 2010 (EST)
110 reviewer rep
762 forum posts

I know a spot here that would benefit from a little LNT TLC! Even though the Glenn Onoko Access area and trail in Jim Thorpe are are designated as a state park they are a mess.

7:28 p.m. on March 12, 2010 (EST)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
998 reviewer rep
3,475 forum posts

Most river corridors with easy access that I've been to, are in bad need of LNT practices. They have the LNT signs, just not enough cooperation. As hard as it is to believe, some visitors are not able to open the bear proof trash bins apparently, and just leave their plastic bag beside it on the ground. I've witnessed this multiple times in the National Forest.

September 16, 2014
Quick Reply