About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

Happy 9th Birthday, Trailspace

12:00 a.m. on March 14, 2010 (EST)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
471 reviewer rep
2,916 forum posts

This thread is for comments on the article "Happy 9th Birthday, Trailspace"

Nine years ago, Trailspace.com started out as a backcountry community and independent gear guide. Today we turn nine years old and have grown to a community of 7,694 members with 18,240 gear reviews, 59,468 forum posts, 2,201 user-uploaded photos, and 771 published articles and blogs. You, our community members, are the site's most essential ingredient. So, thanks to every one of you for being a ...

Full article at http://www.trailspace.com/blog/2010/03/14/happy-9th-birthday-trailspace.html

1:33 p.m. on March 14, 2010 (EDT)
200 reviewer rep
3,938 forum posts

Wow, 9 years old, not even entered puberty yet. I can't remember what I was doing when I was 9, that was in 1965.

3:48 p.m. on March 14, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
84 forum posts

9 years old eh?

CONGRADULATIONS and HAPPY BIRTHDAY Trailspace.

Here's to the next 99 years. Hope the stories and posts just keep coming.

I enjoy the questions and answers. I learn from every one of them.

7:59 p.m. on March 14, 2010 (EDT)
MODERATOR TOP 25 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
884 reviewer rep
3,432 forum posts

Congratulations on a job well done!

Trailspace is a fairly exhaustive source of outdoor information for climbers, hikers, backpackers, and more importantly for beginers.

I have been on many similar forums, and Trailspace has a much more experienced & mature membership capable of discussing, and sometimes even debating important topics with class and civility.

I have learned a lot from those more experienced than I, and those who live in different regions & climates.

I enjoy talking about my own adventures, (and misadventures), and I most certainly like reading the trip reports from the other members.

Trailspace has a strong community feel, and I appreciate the positive & encouraging atmosphere that exists here.

I raise my glass to Trailspace, thanks guys!

8:10 p.m. on March 14, 2010 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
471 reviewer rep
2,916 forum posts

Thanks, everybody! It's very true that it's the community members that make the site what it is. There's always more to learn and talk about with others.

By the way, for the other dorks out there, our birthday happens to coincide with Pi day (3.14...). Make of that whatever you like.

2:32 a.m. on March 15, 2010 (EDT)
12 reviewer rep
207 forum posts

Happy birthday and thank you. This is an awesome site with a lot of great information and reviews. You guys have done a wonderful job putting it together and building it up. It truely is something to be proud of.

2:47 a.m. on March 15, 2010 (EDT)
REVIEW CORPS
1,040 reviewer rep
1,011 forum posts

When I turned nine, I got a Super Soaker 50. Is that what you want too?

P.S.--I couldn't get the trick candles you asked for, and really, we've only got a partially melted "8" from yast year, so I hope that's OK...

8:42 a.m. on March 15, 2010 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
471 reviewer rep
2,916 forum posts

I have no memory of what I got when I turned 9. I think I wanted: a dog (never got one), a canoe (have one now), and the complete boxed set of Little House on the Prairie books, like my best friend at the time had.

The thanks and congratulations are more than sufficient gifts!

1:18 a.m. on March 19, 2010 (EDT)
75 reviewer rep
306 forum posts

Pi-day, I wonder how many others noticed that besides me (I am in Nuclear Engineering..)? Anyways, Happy Birthday Trailspace, and thank you for helping me get more involved with the outdoors, the people besides me who enjoy the outdoors and cool gear stuff (that happens to be one of my favorite parts of hiking...is that weird?).

11:54 a.m. on March 19, 2010 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
658 reviewer rep
2,137 forum posts

I noticed that it was Pi day, and I am an artist (& textiles designer)

I am right there with Trout, this forum is head & shoulders above the rest of the outdoor ones I have checked out. Thanks!

5:56 p.m. on March 19, 2010 (EDT)
37 reviewer rep
747 forum posts

Well I am surprised and happy that the group made it this long. I believe this group was originally rec.backcountry.usefl in the old Internet days and someone paid $1,000 for it and set up a server. This being true Bill S and I and a handful of others have actually been coming hear more like 15 years.

I was the guy on rec.backcountry.useful who said that I was going to climb Everest and ski off and could anybody recommend any good books on skiing and some good strong poles. Trolling has been around for a long time.

Jim S

9:18 p.m. on March 19, 2010 (EDT)
73 reviewer rep
301 forum posts

I'll slap a candle into a Clif Bar... or mold a Clif Bar around a candle... or, maybe, just try to burn the Clif Bar.

As I've said before, an absolute top-resource for me on the web... glad it is here and hope it's here much, much longer!

11:34 p.m. on March 20, 2010 (EDT)
37 reviewer rep
747 forum posts

You can also celibrate Pi Second at 3/14 1:59:26 p.m

old news

12:02 p.m. on March 21, 2010 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
471 reviewer rep
2,916 forum posts

You can also celibrate Pi Second at 3/14 1:59:26 p.m

Nice.

Cleric, next year (our 10th birthday!) everyone can put a candle into a Clif or Lara pie flavor bar (pumpkin, pecan, or key lime).

3:53 p.m. on March 21, 2010 (EDT)
73 reviewer rep
301 forum posts

Sounds like a plan... I had to Google key lime Clif/Luna bars, didn't know they existed. And, I can't say I'm going to be hunting them down for sampling anytime soon!

Maybe some 10-year sticker or patches would be in order?

April 23, 2014
Quick Reply