About | Blog | Forums | People | Free Newsletter
Trailspace is a product review site for outdoor enthusiasts. Use it to find and share great gear.

Outdoor Retailer: On the water at Demo Day

12:14 a.m. on August 3, 2010 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
471 reviewer rep
2,913 forum posts

This thread is for comments on the article "Outdoor Retailer: On the water at Demo Day"

Water — getting on it by kayak, canoe, or paddleboard, or keeping it out with a waterproof case — was a mainstay of the Open Air Demo at Jordanelle State Park today.

Full article at http://www.trailspace.com/blog/2010/08/03/outdoor-retailer-demo-day-water.html

1:28 p.m. on August 4, 2010 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
658 reviewer rep
2,137 forum posts

That is a lovely young Peregrine. We have a few that live around Chattanooga- one pair nested downtown on the ledge of an old building, and another pair nested on the old tower of a train bridge just below Chickamauga Dam. Most people in the area have no idea we have such an amazing creature around, much less how to recognize them.

I worked in one of the old stone buildings in downtown for many years, and would often go up to the roof to eat lunch and enjoy the view and breeze. One day as I climbed up the last step there was a beautiful adult not five feet in front of me, sitting on a vent pipe. We both froze and stared the other in the eye for about ten seconds before the stunning bird flew away.

It made my year!

3:32 p.m. on August 4, 2010 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
658 reviewer rep
2,137 forum posts

I have taken the buffalo Chicken stuff on my last two trips, it was a hit with everybody :)

April 20, 2014
Quick Reply