Outdoor Retailer: Icon flashlights and more product highlights

1:32 a.m. on August 4, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
415 forum posts

This thread is for comments on the article "Outdoor Retailer: Icon flashlights and more product highlights"

Flashlight brand Icon has a clever twist on LED technology. Columbia tries to best the performance of all the "waterproof/breathable" fabrics out there. And other OR highlights from Coleman, Eureka, and Thorlo.

Full article at http://www.trailspace.com/blog/2010/08/04/outdoor-retailer-icon-flashlights-highlights.html

9:26 a.m. on August 4, 2010 (EDT)
73 reviewer rep
303 forum posts

Tom! I can't believe that Eureka would allow such provocative photos of their products! :)

I can't say I'm surprised that Columbia is making a high-end bid. They have worked really hard in the past 10 years to establish themselves as a durable, mid-end provider. Stepping up to the "performance" market seems to be the logical move (Eddie Bauer with the First Ascent line, for example). But what a cool display to launch it! The breathability appears to be pretty serious... which would encourage me to try it (when it goes on sale).

December 22, 2014
Quick Reply