Outdoor Retailer: SteriPEN Sidewinder -- hand-crank UV purifier

11:02 p.m. on August 6, 2010 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
501 reviewer rep
2,995 forum posts

This thread is for comments on the article "Outdoor Retailer: SteriPEN Sidewinder -- hand-crank UV purifier"

SteriPEN has introduced the battery-free, hand-crank Sidewinder UV water purifier for fall. The Sidewinder uses an exclusive UV system that destroys waterborne bacteria, viruses, and protozoa, such as giardia and cryptosporidium.

Full article at http://www.trailspace.com/blog/2010/08/06/outdoor-retailer-steripen-sidewinder.html

12:05 a.m. on August 7, 2010 (EDT)
73 reviewer rep
301 forum posts

Well... a little large, but very cool! My standard steripen sees a lot of love. A battery-free version would be nifty (but, again, a bit large).

9:04 p.m. on August 12, 2010 (EDT)
447 reviewer rep
277 forum posts

WAAAY too heavy and bulky for anything but car camping and household emergency use.

Thanks but I'll stick to my SteriPen Adventurer. Even with the Adventurer's solar battery charger/storage box it's likely lighter than the crank version and STILL can recharge the long-lasting lithium batteries W/O house power. No how about a POLYMER lithium battery for the SteriPens?

July 30, 2014
Quick Reply