Outdoor Retailer: Petzl, Energizer, SPOT, and Pacsafe

10:42 a.m. on August 16, 2010 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,329 reviewer rep
5,271 forum posts

This thread is for comments on the article "Outdoor Retailer: Petzl, Energizer, SPOT, and Pacsafe"

Petzl belay/rappel device and headlamp-charging system; Energizer's solar panel/battery charger; PacSafe's anti-theft devices; and news from SPOT and RAB/Integral Designs.

Full article at http://www.trailspace.com/blog/2010/08/16/bill-visits-petzl-and-spot.html

9:38 a.m. on September 5, 2010 (EDT)
0 reviewer rep
2 forum posts
Re: Outdoor Retailer: Bill visits Petzl, Energizer, SPOT, and Pacsafe

The energize solar charger isn't bad but I would definitely recommend the solar chargers at http://e-solarproducts.com/Solar-Camping-Gear.html I've bought from them before and I was really impressed with their "Portable Solar Power System." It's rugged and can stand up to outdoor conditions unlike other solar chargers I've used in the past. I bought it on a Monday and it arrived on Friday and shipping was free....can't beat that.

7:53 p.m. on September 5, 2010 (EDT)
TOP 10 REVIEWER REVIEW CORPS
2,329 reviewer rep
5,271 forum posts
Re: Outdoor Retailer: Bill visits Petzl, Energizer, SPOT, and Pacsafe

Matt,

Are you associated with e-solar? From your two posts so far, it sure sounds like it. If you are associated with such a company, the rules and practices of Trailspace (as well as common courtesy) require you to openly note such links

I have looked at their products before and was not impressed. The Portable Power System you mention is inadequate for virtually all the gadgets I take into the backcountry or on expeditions. For example, it cannot charge any of my camera batteries (it is 6V at best with the power output unspecified), and the chargers for my cameras require a 12V with a 15W minimum output. I'm not sure it would even power my iPad. an iPod Touch maybe, but I don't take such things into the backcountry.

August 20, 2014
Quick Reply