While you're out there: Help clean it up, please

4:34 p.m. on September 7, 2010 (EDT)
TRAILSPACE STAFF
501 reviewer rep
2,990 forum posts

This thread is for comments on the article "While you're out there: Help clean it up, please"

Now that you've got the presidential go-ahead to get out and enjoy the wilderness this month, how about doing some good deeds while you're at it? September isn't only National Wilderness Month, it also celebrates and honors the National Day of Service (September 11) and National Public Lands Day (September 25). So, while you're out there, consider ways you can help protect and improve those natura...

Full article at http://www.trailspace.com/blog/2010/09/07/clean-it-up.html

8:57 p.m. on September 7, 2010 (EDT)
37 reviewer rep
71 forum posts

Every time we go out I pick up garbage. Wether on the waters, or the trails.

This past friday we paddled up to the local rope swing and there was a plastic bottle and an alum. beer can. I threw them both into the back of my boat. A month or two ago I was at the boat dock, and there was a busted up clump of batteries and wires, I threw that in the back of the truck. We only have 1 earth........

12:57 p.m. on September 8, 2010 (EDT)
MODERATOR REVIEW CORPS
968 reviewer rep
3,470 forum posts

Like kayakingdog says, there always seems to be something out there others have left behind, especially on waterways.

The last time I was out at my local lake we ran across someones makeshift home on the banks of the lake:

Complete with wooden table & BBQ grill.

July 22, 2014
Quick Reply